Monday, May 30, 2011
1 cup fiber one original bran cereal
2 egg whites or 1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 containers (6 oz each) yoplait original 99% fat free french vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fresh raspberries or blueberries
1. heat oven to 400 degrees. place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular size muffin cups
2. place cereal in resealable ziploc bags; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
3. in a medium bowl, stir together egg whites, oil and yogurt. add cereal, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. gently fold in berries. divide batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
4. bake 18-20 mins until golden brown. immediently remove from pan.
and ENJOY :)
Thursday, May 26, 2011
you may remember me counting down to mine and the hubbster's trip to st. thomas to celebrate our FIRST ANNIVERSARY! we had a really good time... the virgin islands are GORGEOUS. this was the view from our balcony...
can you see how clear the water is?! its amazing.
on our first full day we decided to go to st. john, which is about a 20-30 min. ferry trip...
we ate some lunch... a delish burger, skinny fries and daquaris (yeah, the diet was 'off' this week)
mine was strawberry... but greg's banana one was AWESOME.
and he was a sweet hubby let me drink half of it. :)
then we went to trunk bay, which is rated one of the top 10 beaches in the world.
we wanted to snorkel, but failed to realize everything at the beach closed at 4:30, so we just swam and chilled out for a bit...
then we got cleaned up and went to town for a dinner out in st. thomas...
the next day (sunday) we went to coki beach on st. thomas and we did 'sea lion swim'...
that is franko the sea lion... kinda overwhelming. he's way bigger than he appears in this picture...
like 425 pounds BIG.
Thats not the BEST picture of the experience...you cant get the full effect of franko... and the other couple is in the picture... but if you think i was going to post a picture that actually showed some skin in my swim suit... you're CRAZY.
monday we did a tour of st. thomas' highlights...
i bought a hat because it started pouringgg rain.
(thats megan's bay behind us... another one of the world's top 10 beaches)
and we got our grub on...
my plate: salad with balsamic (i took off the onions of course), grilled mahi mahi with sesame ginger sauce and garlic mashed potatoes. YUMMY.
tuesday we went back for another day at st. john...
it is more low key there, and the beaches are beautiful since most of them are national parks
and wednesday we headed home... despite a little bit of rain we had a FUN and relaxing time and i cant wait for our next anniversary :)
and to this hunk of a man:
i'd like to say HAPPY first ANNIVERSARY, love! this year has been amazing and i love you so much!
one year down... and FOREVER to go ;)
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
its wednesday!! and im linking up with the pleated poppy.
seersucker dress: j.crew outlet
belt: new york & co.
nude wedges: dsw
necklace: allora handmade
blue top: jcpenny
skinnies: old navy
friday: work and hco.
white capris: jcpenny
i dont like this outfit at all now... way too much white going on. i sometimes struggle with deciding what to wear with white pants... but i read a blog that said to try pastels with white pants... sooo we'll see about that next time. stay tuned.
saturday: nicoles baby shower at mom and dads house.
denim dress: kohls
yellow cardigan: belk
sunday: lunch with the in-laws
navy shorts: old navy
sandals: LOFT outlet
excuse my glasses and "tired eyes". i didnt get a lot of sleep that weekend...
floral dress: j.crew outlet
pink cardigan: belk
sandals: maggie lane (local boutique)
this picture seriously does not do the dress justice... its so cute!
black cardigan: LOFT
dark denim jeans: gap outlet
leopard shoes: target
lovers knot ring: james avery
my outfits may look odd with a dress one day and sweater the next... the weather went nuts and forgot that that it was may... but its back to being warm again.
look out for next weeks wiww, ST. THOMAS style!
... we leave on FRIDAY :)
and check out the other lovelies at lindseys blog.
Monday, May 16, 2011
this week's theme for the i spy series is... hamemade edition! this came at a perfect time, since momma and i just hosted a baby shower at her house for nicole.... our families have been friends basically all my life... and i was very much looking forward to hosting a baby shower for her and baby-to-be, kendall. i decided to get crafty and make a diaper cake and cupcake toppers...
... a bathtime themed diaper cake!
this was the second diaper cake i've made (the first was for my sweet niece, sophia... 3 years ago!) they're actually quite easy to make...
... and rubber duckie & umbrella cupcake toppers
how to make a diaper cake:
1. start with several packs of diapers. make sure they're relatively plain without pictures all over them... and i recommend using a bigger size. this time i used about 2.5 bags of size 2 pampers.
2. roll each diaper up starting at the waistband and secure with a small rubber band.
3. make small bundles of diapers (7 or so together) and secure with a rubber band.
4. put the bundles together (about 7 bundles) and secure with rubber bands... kind of weave the rubber bands around to make the bundles all form one big circle (you may want to add in some extra diapers to fill in the gaps).
this will form your bottom layer.
repeat to make the next two layers, slightly smaller each time.
set the layers on top of each other... it should look something like this.
then decorate it with ribbons and whatever else you want! i like to add the baby's name on the cake as well.
how to make cupcake toppers:
materials: scrapbook paper, hole punches (2 different sizes/shapes, i used a 2.5 inch scalloped circle and 2 inch circle), sucker sticks, glue glue sticks, confetti or a stamp or sticker for the center)
1. punch your circles out of the scrapbook paper
2. glue the confetti to the smaller circle.
3. glue the smaller circle to the larger circle.
4. glue to the sucker sticks.
5. glue another large circle to the back to cover the stick.
ta-da! it really IS that easy.
and check out ashley's link up party...
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- while eating at ihop, rachel accidently goes to the MENS bathroom. and doesn't realize it until after she's finished... and sees a man at the urinal.
- overheard at CVS from a young (female) college student "so if you're married, but DON'T have kids- do you have to get your wife a mothers day card?"... her friends response: "no, not unless you have a dog or something"...... really?! is this a serious conversation?!
- while waiting to make my purchases at the intimates section in belk, the old lady in front of me is talking about how much she LOVES her bra... and proceeds to pull down her shirt to fully expose herself to show the saleswoman.
- getting swarmed by cicadas on my way out the door yesterday morning. (for those of you who are not familiar with these obnoxious insects, they live underground and come out every 13 years... shed their skin and proceed to bug the heck out of all residents by making the most annoying sound known to man. constantly. for several weeks. and they're huge. with big, orange/red eyes. GROSS... yet oddly fascinating.
- TJMAXX is coming soon to the small (thats what we call the mall here... because it is not very large. obviously.)
Labels: awkward and awesome
happy wednesday, everyone! im back for wiww this week and linking up at the the pleated poppy
entire outfit: old navy
jeans: old navy, i think.
ring: new york & co.
friday: no picture... it was skinny jeans, black t and sandals for a date with my bestie in atl!
saturday: shopping with my momma, peepers grad party, and mothers day dinner
entire outfit: old navy
sunday: church, mothers day with gregs mom and nana
linen dress: belk
pearl bracelet: villaines
gray top: kohls
black super skinnies: old navy
tuesday: work and movie with the girls
skinnies: lauren conrad, kohls, a size down than my usual! woo hoo.
orange sandals: dsw
'lovers knot' ring: james avery
Sunday, May 8, 2011
in honor of mothers day, this blog will be all about the most wonderful woman i know:
my momma is the most KIND and LOVING person i know.
she was a DEDICATED stay-at-home mom for my brother and i.
she never missed the important things, like my dance recitals or my brother's baseball games.
and i'd often come home to an afternoon snack of freshly baked cookies or a bag of popcorn
that we'd share while she asked all about my day.
she was PATIENT, waiting on me to out-grow my teenage attitude years.
she is THOUGHTFUL; the BEST at giving gifts (that are usually color coordinated)
she is STRONG; a breast cancer survivor.
she is STYLISH... although i like to take part credit for that ;)
she has always been THERE for me...
to laugh with me...
give me a shoulder to cry on when my heart was broken...
or just to LISTEN to me complain about whatever was bothering me that day.
she has always been my number one fan and supporter.
i now call her one of my BEST FRIENDS.
...and i am so thankful for her.
happy mothers day, momma!
i enjoyed spending time with you this weekend.
i LOVE you so much!
Thursday, May 5, 2011
so this week's "i spy" theme is SHOES and JEWELRY! (and i added in purses, because i love them so!)
... my everyday BAGS!:
yes, i DO have many more in the closet... but these are my favorites for spring that i am currently using.
top left: target
top right: kohls
bottom two: monograms & more
as i've mentioned before, i LOVE a good clutch
all of these are from DSW, marshalls, tjmaxx, or ross. and the vera is from monograms & more.
now, onto SHOES
... my heels/wedges for the season:
payless, dsw, dsw, marshalls (?), target, payless
...my sandals/flip flops:
clockwise starting with the yellow "blobs" as my mom calls them... they're from payless, dsw, target, american eagle, dsw, dsw, LOFT, j.crew, gap and target.
and since this was supposed to include some jewelry, heres a picture of my wedding ring:
... my other two fave rings:
on the left is my college graduation ring. the center diamond was my grandmommys. she planned on making me a ring with it for my graduation. unfortunately, she passed away years ago. so my parents gave me the money to put with it to make the ring and i got to design it myself.
on the right is my great- grandmother's wedding band.
you may remember the next two necklaces from my wish list
...my new fun CORAL necklace from allora handmade
and I LOVE IT.
Labels: i spy...
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
on saturday i was priviledged to be a bridesmaid in one of my closest friend's weddings... ashley and i have been friends since middle school and she's one of my absolute favorite people. she was in my wedding last year and i was happy to return the favor... so heres a couple pictures of her big day!
ashley was calm, cool and collected... it was all the bridesmaids that were nut-cases. i was SOO nervous. i swear i was more nervous for her wedding than i was for my own wedding!
isn't she STUNNING?!
this is her "something borrowed" a family ring from one of her aunts.
the wedding was beautiful. i hate that i can't provide any pictures of the actual ceremony... it was at daniel's family's church- st. pauls in augusta- absolutely beautiful. it was traditional and meaningful.
so here's some pictures from the reception...
ashley and daniel's first dance
ashley and her godfather, tom.
ashley and her grandad.
cutting the cake!
my hott date.
one of my newest favorite people, rachel.
rachel trying to get grandma's boyfriend to dance... it was hilarious! turns out he REALLY liked rachel and didn't want to leave her alone for the rest of the night!
claire, rachel and i
the hubbster and stuart (rachel's boyfriend) got along really good too!
this is probably one of my favorite pictures from the night... haha.
ashley and daniel are one of my favorite couples... i have COMPLETE confidence in their marriage.they have already been through some hard times and i think it has even more so proven that think they are made for each other. i i am SO happy for them and i wish them the best.
CONGRATS mr. and mrs. kaufman!!
i was honored to be a part of your special day.
i love you both.
(and im totally jealous that you're in HAWAII right now!)